Dental Bridges Byford: Is It The Right Treatment For Me?
Whether to get a bridge or an implant done is a common confusion among many suffering from dental issues and wanting a tooth replacement. Missed or extracted teeth come with the risk of infections, and thus there is a need to replace them with quality treatment and procedure chosen to ensure a beautiful and healthy smile. The doubt usually revolves around whether to choose an implant or a bridge. Here we answer it all.
Whether to choose a dental bridge or a dental implant is a decision that you should make after you consult your Byford dentist. He can assist you in deciding what best fits for you. Dental bridges are an old procedure that has been taken over by dental implants. However, in most cases, dental bridges are preferred over implants as the latter is expensive and more time-consuming.
Book an Appointment
Need Urgent Dental Care? Give Us A Call Now Or Book Online
Dental Bridge Vs. Dental Implant: What's better for me?
To understand whether to choose the dental implant or a dental bridge, you must first know its pros and cons.
Pros of dental bridges
- The density of the jaw bone is not an issue
- There is no need for a surgery
- It is less expensive
- It is less invasive, and a tooth that has been missing for some time can be easily replaced
Cons of dental bridges
- These do not replace the tooth root and thus cause the degeneration of the jawbone easily.
- The neighbouring teeth that may be crowned can also be vulnerable to decay. To place the bridge, there will also be the need to remove some significant parts of the neighbouring teeth.
- A bridge will usually last for only 15 years, and then you will need to replace it.
Pros of dental implants
- Need less maintenance and is thus easy to take care
- Long-lasting as they are high in quality
- Secure and stable, and they look and feel like a natural tooth which makes you smile confidently
- These protect the jawbone and also stimulate and preserve the natural growth of the bone. It thus prevents loss of bone
- It helps to protect the teeth surrounding it. These stand by themselves without straining any other teeth
Cons of dental implants
- The procedure needs surgery which comes with the involved risks
- The procedure takes more than one visit as the bone will need time to heal
- Depending on the tooth condition, the cost varies. The price, however, is much higher than a dental bridge
Frequently Asked Questions About Dental Bridges
How does Dental Bridges Work?
If there are one or more than one missing teeth, then the dental bridge can fill the gap using false or artificial teeth. The bridge is made using crowns on either side of the tooth that is missing or with the teeth that support the false tooth. These are cemented in place to hold the bridge. The dental bridge then works like a regular tooth.
How long does Dental Bridges Last?
On average, the dental bridge will last for 10 years. It will need at least three crowns to fill the gap. The patient will also have to follow some extra hygiene conditions to increase the longevity of the bridge.
Why We Are Byford's Preferred Dentist
At Byford Smiles, the art and science of practical dentistry come together to achieve high-quality, long-lasting results. Our philosophy is simple. We strive for excellence. We aim to provide the highest quality dental care in a positive environment and by doing so, make a lasting difference to our patients’ confidence and quality of life.
Byford Smiles has built an outstanding reputation as Byford’s premium specialist dental clinic conveniently located at Byford Marketplace. Byford Smiles houses a team of leading dentists and an amazing support staff.
Why Patients Love Byford Smiles
Don't Just Take Our Word For It
We have introduced the principle of family medicine, which means that the family practitioner will handle the majority of medical requests, with a specialists involved only if necessary.
- Alison Fraser
- Sonya Morris
"I visited Dr Alefia at Byford Smiles today and she has finally settled my nerves about seeing a dentist! Dr Alefia was very calming and explained everything thoroughly and in terms that was easily understood. Tanya at reception knew so much and helped with my claim and how to proceed with future appointments! She was so friendly and I now have nothing to fear when it comes to seeing a dentist. I would highly recommend Byford Smiles to all! A beautiful practice! Thank you!"
- Ashleigh Davis
Affordable Pricing & Payment Plans
Apart from our In-house payment plans we also have Interest free payment options available for all patients via AfterPay, ZipMoney, ZipPay and Supercare.