& Same-Day Appointments in Byford
A dental emergency is something that you can never guess. At times, you never know if the pain in your tooth is something that you can call an emergency? In case you are located in Byford, there is no need to worry; we are always available to guide and help you.
What’s considered a dental emergency?
A dental emergency is a situation where you feel that there is an immediate danger to your teeth, or you cannot bear the shooting pain in your teeth. Conditions for a dental emergency could be broken jaw, bleeding of gums, loss of filling, and other such complications that may cause unbearable pain and uneasiness.
Book an Appointment
Need Urgent Dental Care? Give Us A Call Now Or Book Online
Most common dental emergencies
Here are some of the common situations that count under dental emergencies.
- You accidentally fall off and injure your mouth. In case your tooth gets knocked off, it can be placed back into your mouth if done within 30 minutes.
- A few dental emergencies are associated with lots of discomfort and pain. If you have an infection around your cavity teeth or gums, this indicates that something is wrong with your body and needs immediate medical care.
- Mouth sores also need to be treated immediately as it could be caused because of some other health issues.
- Abscessed gums resemble a pimple, and even though this does not look like an emergency, it needs immediate attention. It may require an extraction or a root canal.
- Broken teeth that cause unbearable pain.
- Bleeding in the oral cavity may be a sign of gingivitis or gum disease.
- Swelling is a common dental emergency, and this is an indication of a dental infection.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dental Emergencies
How to choose the right Emergency dentist?
Here is how to choose the right emergency dentist in Byford.
- Look for a dentist close to where you stay. This way, you don’t have to drive around for an hour when in an emergency.
- Find someone who accepts your dental insurance plan.
- Make sure to enquire about the clinic's working hours. It is best to look for a clinic that is open at all times.
- Find out about the services that the dentist provides.
- Ask if they have some restrictions on the patients’ age that they treat. If you have children and elders at home, then this is a crucial point to consider.
Can you go to the ER for a dental emergency?
Yes, it would be best if you visited the ER in the case of a dental emergency or you can call or walk-in our dental clinic. We are conveniently located at Byford Marketplace.
When should you go to the ER for dental emergencies?
If you are suffering from unbearable pain that seems to soar to your neck and jaw, you should go to the ER. If your mouth is bleeding or you had a huge blood loss, so much so that you may lose consciousness, then do not delay going to the ER immediately.
Do emergency dentists remove teeth?
In most cases, the emergency dentist will try to save the tooth. In case they cannot, they will first remove the tooth and then discuss the replacement options.
What helps unbearable tooth pain?
Rinsing your mouth with warm and salty water, applying a cold compress to the cheek or jaw, and removing food and plaque from between your teeth can treat unbearable tooth pain.
Why We Are Byford's Preferred Dentist
At Byford Smiles, the art and science of practical dentistry come together to achieve high-quality, long-lasting results. Our philosophy is simple. We strive for excellence. We aim to provide the highest quality dental care in a positive environment and by doing so, make a lasting difference to our patients’ confidence and quality of life.
Byford Smiles has built an outstanding reputation as Byford’s premium specialist dental clinic conveniently located at Byford Marketplace. Byford Smiles houses a team of leading dentists and an amazing support staff.
We Accept All Major Health Funds
At Byford Smiles, we are a health fund participant of the major health funds, including Bupa, HBF and HCF. Please give us a call or book online to find out more about the benefits available for our preferred health funds.
Why Patients Love Byford Smiles
Affordable Pricing & Payment Plans
Apart from our In-house payment plans we also have Interest free payment options available for all patients via AfterPay, ZipMoney, ZipPay and Supercare.