Comprehensive Dental Care for Your Child
Do you know some dentists specifically work as Pediatric dentists? A children’s dentist has qualifications and training to care about a child’s dental health. A pediatric dentist from Byford looks after the child’s oral health.
What are the effects of poor oral hygiene on children?
It is high time that each parent or caregiver should start prioritizing their kid’s oral health. The effects of bad oral health in children are as follows:
- Bad breath: When a kid fails to brush the teeth and floss them, small food particles stay behind, in between the teeth, leaving a pungent smell. This results in bad breath or halitosis.
- Brain development: Bacteria formed in the mouth at times, traverse towards the brain. The brain then starts fighting the issues without concentrating on its development.
- Lungs: The gum disease increases the risk of respiratory infections caused by the bacteria from the throat being inhaled into the respiratory tract.
- Narrow blood vessels: When the bacteria in the mouth enter the blood through the gums, the blood flow is reduced. This affects the growth rate, decreases functionality, and reduces the blood flow to the vital organs.
- Cavities: Cavities are the tooth decay that is represented by a hole in the teeth. It starts as small, but when unattended, it becomes big.
Book an Appointment
Want to know if your child is eligible for child dental benefits scheme?
Are pediatric dentists necessary?
In general, dealing with children is quite complicated; it is even more complex when it comes to dental care. A pediatric dentist from Byford provides a safe, accurate, and harmless examination for kids to teens. They have the necessary experience to handle the kids using specially designed tools for kids and teens.
Along with creating a pleasant atmosphere for the kids, they know that children are not adults. Understanding this, they have different treatment methods and unique ideas to handle them. The children’s dentist advises the parents about the child’s oral health, i.e., brushing style, type of paste, and other lifestyle habits.
Frequently Asked Questions About Kids Dental Health
At what age should I take my child to the dentist?
The child's correct age to visit the pediatric dentist is around 1 year or when the child gets the first tooth. The first visit concentrates on educating the parents about how to care for a kid's oral health. After the first visit, it is good to undergo a check-up every 6 months unless it comes up.
Do Pediatric Dentists cost more?
Pediatric dentists do not cost a little more than the general dentist. But this does not matter much as they deal with the mischievous kids who are very difficult to tackle. So, the cost is not a factor to worry about.
Do Pediatric dentists take adults?
Of course, this would save time for the parents, as they could consult with the same dentist as their children, i.e., similar to the family doctor. Not every pediatric dentist will be willing to see the adults; some may treat adults while others redirect them to a general dentist.
Why We Are Byford's Preferred Dentist
At Byford Smiles, the art and science of practical dentistry come together to achieve high-quality, long-lasting results. Our philosophy is simple. We strive for excellence. We aim to provide the highest quality dental care in a positive environment and by doing so, make a lasting difference to our patients’ confidence and quality of life.
Byford Smiles has built an outstanding reputation as Byford’s premium specialist dental clinic conveniently located at Byford Marketplace. Byford Smiles houses a team of leading dentists and an amazing support staff.
We Accept All Major Health Funds
At Byford Smiles, we are a health fund participant of the major health funds, including Bupa, HBF and HCF. Please give us a call or book online to find out more about the benefits available for our preferred health funds.
Why Patients Love Byford Smiles
Affordable Pricing & Payment Plans
Apart from our In-house payment plans we also have Interest free payment options available for all patients via AfterPay, ZipMoney, ZipPay and Supercare.