Painless Tooth Extraction in Byford
Painless removal of a tooth or the tooth roots without any trauma to the nearby tissue is called a tooth extraction. The dentist carries this out with the help of anesthesia. The removal is relatively easy but may look tedious when dealing with the impacted tooth.
Tooth extraction ensures a healthy smile by removing the decayed or broken tooth by simple means or by surgical means. In whatever case, it is the last resort that your Byford dentist would suggest. To avoid such a situation, taking good care of your oral health paves the way for your teeth’ long life.
Book an Appointment
Need Urgent Dental Care? Give Us A Call Now Or Book Online
Reasons I need to get a teeth extraction.
The reason for tooth extraction may be many and different, depending on the individual case. Some of the major reasons quoted by Byford’s dentist are as follows:
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay is the first and foremost reason for tooth extraction. When a person fails to visit a dentist for years, this condition occurs, suppressing time discomfort.
- Gum disease: Gum disease is a great destructor of the tooth. The excessive effect of gum disease leads to falling of the respective tooth or extraction of the same.
- Overcrowded teeth: A tooth that disturbs other teeth’ growth or disturbs the alignment, then it is said as the overcrowded tooth. Such a tooth has to be removed, and this condition prevails mostly in children and teens.
- Impacted teeth: A tooth that fails to erupt beyond the gum line or stops after the half eruption, such a tooth is referred to as the impacted tooth. The scene may be a twisted tooth, overcrowding, or weird tooth angles, and such a tooth has to be extracted.
- Tooth breakage: A tooth that breaks at the gum line will not have the option for further tooth restoration resulting in tooth extraction by simple or surgical means.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tooth Extractions
Do's and don'ts after tooth extraction.
The do's after a tooth extraction is:
- Rest: It will be consoling to get rest right after the tooth extraction.
- Let it clot: Under the advice of the dentist, let the wound clot all by itself.
- Ice packs: One can apply ice packs on the side of the face where the tooth extraction is done. This, in turn, avoids inflammation, cheek retractors that occur after the operation.
The don'ts after the tooth extraction are:
- Don't smoke
- Don't intake solid foods right after the tooth extraction
- Follow the medicines as directed by your Byford dentist
- Try not to disturb the gap after the tooth extraction
What hurts more, tooth extraction, or root canal?
Healing from a tooth extraction takes a longer time compared to the healing from a root canal process. Along with the healing rate, the dental procedures are also quite tricky with tooth extraction than the root canal. In crisp, a root canal saves the tooth, whereas tooth extraction is letting the tooth go.
How long does it take to recover from a tooth extraction?
It takes a few days to recover from a tooth extraction. Following the do's and don'ts after the tooth extraction leads to a smooth recovery.
Is having a tooth pulled considered oral surgery?
Some cases involve using the incision in the gums by the Byford dentist. This situation is considered oral surgery or surgical tooth surgery.
Why We Are Byford's Preferred Dentist
At Byford Smiles, the art and science of practical dentistry come together to achieve high-quality, long-lasting results. Our philosophy is simple. We strive for excellence. We aim to provide the highest quality dental care in a positive environment and by doing so, make a lasting difference to our patients’ confidence and quality of life.
Byford Smiles has built an outstanding reputation as Byford’s premium specialist dental clinic conveniently located at Byford Marketplace. Byford Smiles houses a team of leading dentists and an amazing support staff.
We Accept All Major Health Funds
At Byford Smiles, we are a health fund participant of the major health funds, including Bupa, HBF and HCF. Please give us a call or book online to find out more about the benefits available for our preferred health funds.
Why Patients Love Byford Smiles
Affordable Pricing & Payment Plans
Apart from our In-house payment plans we also have Interest free payment options available for all patients via AfterPay, ZipMoney, ZipPay and Supercare.