Root Canal Treatment Byford: Delivering a Painless Experience
A root canal saves the disturbed tooth by cleaning the pulp and moulding the canal, i.e., reshaping. The root canal is a boon for the Byford dentists dentist’s patients to smile openly, without getting self-conscious, thus saving the tooth. The root canal therapy takes about 30 minutes to 60 minutes, with 2 dental visits. In the worst and complex cases, the treatment continues for about 90 minutes to 1 hour.
Book an Appointment
Need Urgent Dental Care? Give Us A Call Now Or Book Online
What is Root Canal Treatment and why do I need it?
A badly affected or decayed tooth is repaired and saved by a treatment called the Root canal. The nerve and the pulp of a tooth are affected for reasons like decay, frequent dental procedures, fillings, crack, and even trauma to the face. In the course of a root canal procedure, the tooth nerve and pulp are pulled out to clean the inside area, and finally, it is sealed.
Without this treatment, the tissues surrounding the tooth start decaying and at last die. So, one needs the root canal treatment to be done to avoid the following effects like:
- Swelling in the face, mouth, and even neck.
- Bone wears out at the root.
- Damaged nerves and pulp cause bacteria to breed and thus forming abscessed teeth.
- In case of infection in the tooth, a pus-like substance is released. If it is unattended, the infection spreads and may result in difficult situations.
- At times, a tooth looks yellowish or in some weird colour resulting from nerve damage. Such a situation with pain and sensitivity (to hot or cold) requires root canal therapy.
Frequently Asked Questions About Byford Root Canal Procedures
Cost of Root Canal Treatment in Byford?
The cost of root canal treatment in Byford depends upon several factors like:
- Number of canals that needs to be filled
- Requirement of crown
- Depth of infection
- Location of the affected tooth in the mouth
Is Root Canal Treatment Safe?
Root canal therapy is entirely safe with a simple procedure that involves a minor discomfort or no discomfort. The treatment is made safe with the following steps:
- Dentist opens the required tooth from the top to the pulp chamber.
- The injured or dead pulp is thrown out and medicated.
- To cover the opened area, a temporary filling is placed over it during the procedures. The particular tooth is left open for a couple of days.
- Now the tooth is clean and is ready for filling. After filling, a crown is placed over the particular tooth.
Should you rest after a root canal?
The concerned tooth is more sensitive during the recovery process. So, using the teeth for biting, chewing should be reduced as it would increase the existing pain. So, it is necessary to be extra careful with at least a couple of days without eating hard foods.
Why We Are Byford's Preferred Dentist
At Byford Smiles, the art and science of practical dentistry come together to achieve high-quality, long-lasting results. Our philosophy is simple. We strive for excellence. We aim to provide the highest quality dental care in a positive environment and by doing so, make a lasting difference to our patients’ confidence and quality of life.
Byford Smiles has built an outstanding reputation as Byford’s premium specialist dental clinic conveniently located at Byford Marketplace. Byford Smiles houses a team of leading dentists and an amazing support staff.
We Accept All Major Health Funds
At Byford Smiles, we are a health fund participant of the major health funds, including Bupa, HBF and HCF. Please give us a call or book online to find out more about the benefits available for our preferred health funds.
Why Patients Love Byford Smiles
Affordable Pricing & Payment Plans
Apart from our In-house payment plans we also have Interest free payment options available for all patients via AfterPay, ZipMoney, ZipPay and Supercare.