Improve and Maintain Your Dental Health
Our friendly Byford dentist provides comprehensive dental care for people of all age groups, from infant to adult. The main goal is to take good care of one’s dental health, obtained by the regular every 6 months check-up and clean dental visit and personal care. Infant age groups should be given additional dental care to stay away from dental problems in the future.
Maintaining healthy gums and teeth is essential, and regular 6-month dental check-ups can obtain this. In the rising field of dentistry, prevention is the golden rule to be followed. This is achieved only if you brush and floss, consume a healthy diet, use fluoridated toothpaste, and undergo a 6-month check-up, visit your reputable Byford dentist at regular intervals.
Need Urgent Dental Care? Give Us A Call Now Or Book Online
What Happens At A 6-month Dental Check-up
The basic components of every 6 months dental check-up are:
- Review and reformation of both the dental record and medical record
- Blood pressure screening
- Screening for oral cancer
- Check for cavities or other types of infection in teeth or gums thorough examination.
- Undergoes radiographic examination, i.e., dental X-rays to diagnose any risk conditions
- Specialized examinations are also done for persons with dentures, implants, etc.
- Cleaning of full mouth followed by polishing the teeth
- The dentist talks about the treatment or therapy with the concerned person if any abnormalities are found.
- General instructions and lifestyle information (related to dental care) are also conveyed to the patient.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dental Checkup
Do You Need To See A Dentist Every 6 Months?
It is always good to visit a dentist every 6 months, and the reasons for the same are:
- Improve the smile: one is assured of getting white, bright, straight, and clean teeth with regular check-ups
- Save money: regular dental check-up detects the cavities, tooth decay or even some abnormalities that are treated at the early stages that save money
- Plaque prevention: a sticky deposit over the gums or teeth is called plaque, and this is removed during the check-up avoiding complications (that would rise out of the plaque)
- Put a full stop to gum disease: gum diseases, when not treated at the right time, leads to swelling, loss of tooth, pain, and shaky tooth
What Should You Not Do Before A Dentist Appointment?
There are some do's, and don'ts to be considered before going for a dentist appointment that includes:
- Failing to brush the teeth that may cause any pungent odour
- It is not good to visit a dentist when sick
- Eating that causes food particles to stay in the mouth, releasing a bad odour
- Failing to take the previous records
How Long Does A Dental Check-up Last?
Dental check-up lasts from 30 minutes to 60 minutes. The time range differs from person to person, depending upon their cooperation and dental history.
Does A Dental Check-up Hurt?
The answer to this question is "no." During a regular dental check-up at Byford every 6 months, cleaning might be uncomfortable; but it is not shouldnt hurt.
Why We Are Byford's Preferred Dentist
At Byford Smiles, the art and science of practical dentistry come together to achieve high-quality, long-lasting results. Our philosophy is simple. We strive for excellence. We aim to provide the highest quality dental care in a positive environment and by doing so, make a lasting difference to our patients’ confidence and quality of life.
Byford Smiles has built an outstanding reputation as Byford’s premium specialist dental clinic conveniently located at Byford Marketplace. Byford Smiles houses a team of leading dentists and an amazing support staff.
We Accept All Major Health Funds
At Byford Smiles, we are a health fund participant of the major health funds, including Bupa, HBF and HCF. Please give us a call or book online to find out more about the benefits available for our preferred health funds.
Why Patients Love Byford Smiles
Affordable Pricing & Payment Plans
Apart from our In-house payment plans we also have Interest free payment options available for all patients via AfterPay, ZipMoney, ZipPay and Supercare.