In-chair Teeth Whitening in Byford
Have Whiter, Brighter Teeth in Less Than an Hour With In-chair Teeth Whitening
Being able to smile beautifully is crucial to feeling and looking your best. However, tooth discolouration can make you feel and look less confident.
Fortunately, in-chair teeth whitening is available at Byford Smiles. It is a cosmetic treatment that uses gentle LED light to speed up the bleaching process, so you can achieve quick, noticeable results in as little as one hour. Thanks to the latest technology, this treatment is now more comfortable and effective than ever before. In-chair teeth whitening is an excellent way to improve your appearance and boost your confidence. If you are considering teeth whitening, Byford Smiles is the perfect place to get started. Contact us today to schedule a consultation. We look forward to helping you achieve your goals!
Quick & Effective Results
Within one hour, you can achieve a brighter smile that is 2 to 8 shades lighter.
Longer-Lasting, Brighter Smiles
With proper maintenance, in-chair teeth whitening results can last between six months to three years.
Decreased Risk of Tooth and Gum Damage
With in-chair whitening, your dentist can protect your gums, lips and cheek from the potent bleaching agent that can cause tissue burn and tooth damage.
Why Our Patients Love Byford Smiles
Byford Smiles prioritises its patients’ comfort and needs. Our dental clinic’s soothing atmosphere will put you at ease and free you from stress. We strive to offer our clients outstanding dental care, and our courteous staff would be more than willing to attend to your needs and concerns.
FAQ's About In-chair Teeth Whitening
Here’s what to expect during the professional teeth whitening process:
- Your dentist will check your current shade and with your consent, take a photo for you to compare the outcome to later.
- Your teeth will be cleaned to remove plaque and tartar.
- A protective rubber sheet or gel and cheek retractor will then be inserted into your mouth to prevent the bleaching gel from touching your gums, cheeks, tongue, and lips.
- Your dentist will apply a bleaching or whitening gel to your teeth before a blue LED lamp is used to activate the solution and accelerate whitening. The lamp’s settings can easily be adjusted to ensure comfort throughout your treatment. This is done three times within 45 minutes to ensure the best results.
- After the whitening procedure is completed, the gel will be rinsed off your teeth.
- Your dentist will apply post-treatment gel to protect your tooth enamel and reduce sensitivity.
In come cases, multiple teeth whitening sessions are needed especially if the teeth are severely stained or if the patient desires for even whiter teeth.
Like any dental treatment, in-chair teeth whitening comes with some risks. The most common side effect of in-chair teeth whitening is tooth sensitivity. This occurs when the bleaching agent comes into contact with the nerve endings in your teeth, causing a temporary tingling or stinging sensation. In most cases, tooth sensitivity is mild and lasts for less than 24 hours. However, if you experience severe pain or discomfort, you should contact your dentist immediately.
In rare cases, in-chair teeth whitening can also cause gum irritation or skin burns. If you experience any of these side effects, you should also seek medical attention right away. With that said, in-chair teeth whitening is generally safe when performed by a qualified dentist. To help minimize the risks, be sure to follow your dentist’s instructions carefully and avoid over-bleaching your teeth.
In-chair whitening procedure may last for about an hour. The dental cleaning and placement of protective rubber sheet and gels may take 15 to 30 minutes but the exposure to the light itself may take 45 minutes.
The immediate post-whitening period significantly impacts how long the result of teeth whitening lasts. The first 24 hours after treatment are crucial. Here are some general guidelines for post-treatment care.
- Avoid dark liquid beverages like coffee, red wine, fruit juice, dark sodas, and beer.
- Avoid dark-staining foods such as tomato sauce, cured meat, chocolate, and fruits.
- Avoid brightly coloured toothpaste and mouthwashes.
Listed below are a few tips you may find useful after 24 hours.
- After eating or drinking anything stained, brush your teeth with whitening toothpaste.
- Brush, floss, and use mouthwash every morning and evening.
- For optimal results, consider whitening touch-ups every six months especially if you smoke and consume a lot of coffee, tea and wine.
The average cost of an in-chair teeth whitening treatment is around \$260 – \$350 per tooth. However, the cost can vary depending on the type of treatment, the length of the treatment, and the number of sessions. Some treatments may require multiple sessions in order to achieve the desired results. Therefore, it is important to consult our dentist in order to get an accurate estimate of the costs associated with an in-chair teeth whitening treatment.
In-chair teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic procedure that can help to restore the natural whiteness of your teeth. However, it is important to choose a reliable dentist to perform the procedure. This is because in-chair teeth whitening involves the use of powerful bleaching agents that can damage your teeth if used incorrectly. A reliable dentist will have experience in performing the procedure and will be able to minimise the risk of any damage to your teeth. In addition, a reliable dentist will be able to provide you with aftercare advice to help you maintain the results of the treatment.