Take-home Whitening in Byford
Are you looking for an affordable but effective method of whitening your teeth? Take-home teeth whitening is a great way to achieve a brighter, more youthful smile without spending a lot of money or time. Take-home whitening kits are available at Byford Smiles, and they usually come with everything you need to get started.
Discover the Convenience of a Take-home Whitening Kit
Teeth whitening is used to make your teeth brighter and give you a more radiant smile that will boost your self-esteem. The good news is that you can now get your teeth whitened in the comfort of your own home.
With Byford Smiles’ take-home teeth whitening, you can achieve the whiter teeth you’ve always wanted in the comfort of your own home at a fraction of the cost. Our easy-to-use whitening kits offer exceptional results after just one to two weeks of use. We provide custom-fitted dental trays to enable you to safely whiten your teeth even at home. Schedule an appointment with us today to get started on your journey to a whiter, brighter smile. Our team of dentists will work with you to determine the best course of treatment to help you achieve your ideal smile.
Advantages of Take-home Whitening
Take-home whitening kits enable you to conveniently whiten your stained or yellow teeth at the comfort of your home without needing to schedule an appointment with your dentist.
Take-home whitening kits are more affordable compared to in-office teeth whitening. The bleaching solution used in whitening kits is less concentrated and there is less equipment needed making the cost of the treatment significantly less.
Safer on teeth and gums
Take-home whitening kits are gentler on the teeth and gums because it uses lower concentrations of bleaching agents. The custom tray provided by your dentist also ensures that the solution will only be in contact with your teeth and not your gums.
It cannot be denied that even if at-home kits are not professionally applied, its results are exceptional. Patients who religiously follow the instructions of whitening kits notice significant changes in their teeth in as little as one to two weeks.
Why Our Patients Love Byford Smiles
FAQ's About Take-home Whitening
While there are some potential risks associated with take-home teeth whitening, these are typically mild and easily avoidable. The most common side effects include temporary tooth sensitivity and gum irritation. These can usually be alleviated by using a toothpaste for sensitive teeth or by taking a break from whitening for a few days.
In rare cases, more serious side effects such as permanent tooth damage or chemical burns to the gums have been reported. However, these occurrences are very rare and typically only occur when the instructions on the whitening kit are not followed properly. Overall, take-home teeth whitening is a safe and effective way to achieve brighter teeth.
When it comes to take-home teeth whitening, there are a few things you can expect.
- Your dentist will take an impression of your teeth in order to create custom-fitted whitening trays. It is important that the trays fit snugly against your teeth in order to minimize the amount of whitening gel that is wasted and to prevent gum irritation.
- Your initial tooth shade will be taken for record and comparison purposes.
- You will be given instructions on how to use your whitening kit, how to properly dispense and apply the solution, how to use the tray as well as how often you should whiten your teeth. The length of time that you will need to wear the trays will depend on the severity of your stains.
- Custom trays with whitening gels are usually worn for 30mins to 1 hr everyday for two weeks. However, this may vary depending on the severity of your stains and the kind of solution used.
- Two weeks after you’ve started your treatment, your dentist will record your teeth’s shade and compare it with your initial shade. Depending on the result and the desired shade of the patient, your dentist may decide for you to continue the treatment for a longer period or not.