Providing Fast and Simple Dental Fillings For All of Byford
Restoring the tooth that is damaged from decay and regaining its normal functioning and shape is called filling. On a visit to the Byford’s dentist:
- The dentist removes the decayed part.
- Cleans the affected part
- Fills the cleaned part with the necessary filling material (like gold, porcelain, amalgam, resin, etc.)
By doing so, one can avoid future bacterial infection and further tooth decay.
Need Urgent Dental Care? Give Us A Call Now Or Book Online
Why do I need dental fillings?
The necessity of the dental filling rises to prevent the tooth from further or future decay. If one fails to fill this, the cavity progresses, and the tooth will get worse. This results in tooth decay leading to bone loss and tooth extraction as a climax. Apart from decay, several other reasons lead to tooth filling:
- Rupture or broken teeth
- Worn out teeth because of the weird activities like biting nails, usage of teeth to opening something, and the like
Amongst all this, there might arise a situation when an already treated or filled tooth requires another filling. Now is the time to do so without fail because the unnoticed damaged dental fillings lead to potential problems like:
- Infection: At times, the cavity fillings get moved from the corresponding tooth creating a space. This space becomes the home for bacteria to breed and grow to cause additional tooth decay, requiring an emergency dental visit.
- Damage: In rare cases, the fillings may crack or break due to extensive chewing or causing infection and irritation. This breakdown requires you to for a quick visit to the Byford dentist for a solution.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dental Fillings
How much does it cost to fill a cavity?
When you decided to visit a dentist regarding treatment for a dental filling, you may expect the following:
- An x-ray is taken to see the extent of the damage.
- A conclusion is made whether to do a filling or not.
- The dentist prepares the tooth for filling, i.e., anesthetic, drilling to remove decay, and finally filling.
The range of drilling, fillings (resin, gold, metal, or amalgam like silver, mercury, copper), and the number of teeth to be filled along with the above factors determine the cost of filling a cavity.
Does filling hurt?
It is very common for anyone to visit a dentist and get a tooth filled for a cavity. But, one need not worry about it, as it is not hurtful. Everything is carried out by making that particular area numb, and only mild discomfort is felt.
How long do dental fillings last?
Usually, dental fillings last for many years, but it starts wearing out over the years because of chewing. The dental fillings need quicker refilling if a person clenches the tooth often. It is good to consult the dentist if you notice any worn out or crack in the previous dental fillings.
What type of tooth filling material is considered as the best?
The type of tooth filling materials used in the cavity varies from person to person. The filling purely is chosen by the dentist keeping in mind certain factors like:
- A person being allergic to certain fillers
- Range of repair in the tooth
Why We Are Byford's Preferred Dentist
At Byford Smiles, the art and science of practical dentistry come together to achieve high-quality, long-lasting results. Our philosophy is simple. We strive for excellence. We aim to provide the highest quality dental care in a positive environment and by doing so, make a lasting difference to our patients’ confidence and quality of life.
Byford Smiles has built an outstanding reputation as Byford’s premium specialist dental clinic conveniently located at Byford Marketplace. Byford Smiles houses a team of leading dentists and an amazing support staff.
Why Patients Love Byford Smiles
Affordable Pricing & Payment Plans
Apart from our In-house payment plans we also have Interest free payment options available for all patients via AfterPay, ZipMoney, ZipPay and Supercare.