Restorative Dentistry in Byford
We understand that good oral health is essential to overall wellness, and we are committed to providing the highest quality care possible. At Byford Smiles, we offer restorative dentistry services to help our patients achieve and maintain optimum oral health.
Replace Missing Teeth and Restore Your Oral Health with Restorative Dentistry
It’s not just that missing teeth are unsightly, they can also be really uncomfortable. Additionally, if you don’t replace them, you will be more prone to tooth decay and the neighboring teeth might move to the empty space, resulting in loose teeth. Dental restorations are essential not only for the aesthetic appearance but also for the function of your smile.
Restorative dentistry is a branch of dentistry that deals with replacing missing or damaged teeth. It aims to restore the mouth’s natural appearance and full function. We can accomplish this with a variety of restorative dentistry procedures, like dental implants and dentures. At Byford Smiles, our experienced dentists can help you choose the best restorative dental treatment for your individual needs. Visit us today and start on the road to a healthy, beautiful smile!
Our Restorative Dentistry Services at Byford Smiles
Full Arch Implants
Why Our Patients Love Byford Smiles
At Byford Smiles, our experienced group of dentists offers reliable and accessible high-quality service, using cutting-edge technology to enhance your smile.
Byford Smiles is dedicated to providing high-quality dental care at an affordable price. We understand that many individuals are concerned about the expense of dental care, so we provide payment plans and accept all major health funds. Our competent staff will work with you to create a treatment plan that meets your individual needs and budget.
Byford Smiles is proud to offer our patients the latest in dental technology. We’re always up to date on what’s new in dentistry, from digital x-rays to laser dentistry. Our state-of-the-art equipment allows us to provide our patients with the most precise diagnosis and the most appropriate treatment plan for their individual needs.
FAQ's About Restorative Dentistry
Restorative dentistry includes many different procedures. This branch of dentistry aims to restore the appearance and health of a damaged or missing tooth. Dental implants, dentures, dental crowns, and dental bridges are some of these treatments. While there are specific prerequisites for each of these treatments, patients with missing teeth are generally suitable candidates for dental restoration. Patients with damaged teeth that need to be extracted, such as decayed or broken teeth, also qualify for restorative dentistry.
If you would like to find out if you qualify for restorative dentistry procedures, contact Byford Smiles. You can count on our highly skilled dental team to evaluate your mouth and determine which dental treatment is right for you.
Restorative dentistry provides the following benefits:
- Ensures that your teeth function normally again: It can help you chew your food more efficiently and improve your speech.
- Improves the appearance of your smile: Custom-made restorations are made to match your existing teeth, both in colour and size, so they blend seamlessly into your smile.
- Protects your remaining teeth from further damage: The adjacent teeth could start to shift out of place if there is a gap between your teeth. The roots of your remaining teeth cannot hold tightly to the jaw bone, so you may lose more teeth as your teeth shift.
It’s time to visit your dentist if you notice any signs of a cavity forming. Delays in treatment can cause deeper cavities to develop, which might necessitate a more complex treatment or extraction. You can also develop more serious complications, such as a tooth abscess. If you are in pain, it is possible to take some measures to manage it while you wait for your appointment.
- You can manage your pain and inflammation with over-the-counter pain medications.
- Use salt water to rinse your mouth. Take one glass of warm water and dissolve ½ teaspoon of salt into it. Rinse your mouth thoroughly.
- Ensure that you thoroughly clean all the parts of your mouth and teeth, including the painful areas. Use toothpaste for sensitive teeth.
- Avoid drinking or eating anything that is too hot, cold, or sweet.
Taking proper care of your restored teeth will ensure that your smile looks great for a long time. You can also ensure that the restoration functions correctly.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste. Certain kinds of toothpaste can damage dental restorations, so choose your toothpaste carefully. Your dentist will recommend toothpaste with gentle properties that are perfectly safe for all types of dental restorations.
- Make sure you floss daily. Plaque accumulates between artificial teeth and other dental restorations if you fail to floss.
- Use alcohol-free mouthwash as prescribed by your dentist.
- Avoid biting or chewing on hard objects.
- Visit your dentist every six months for regular check-ups and cleanings to keep your teeth and dental restorations in good shape.
- Wear a custom mouthguard if you grind your teeth.
- If you are wearing dentures, remove and clean them often.