Laser Gum Treatment in Byford
Gum disease is a serious problem that many people suffer from. It can cause bad breath and is associated with other general health concerns. It is critical to get treatment for gum disease as soon as possible so that it doesn’t become a more serious problem.
Laser Gum Treatment Can Effectively Put an End to Your Gum Problems
Gum disease in mild form may not be noticeable; however, moderate to severe cases pose some risks, such as tooth loss or other health problems. There are different treatments to control gum disease and improve your oral health, depending on the severity of the condition.
Laser gum surgery is a procedure used to manage gum diseases. It is a minimally invasive procedure that can be done in as little as one visit. Instead of using sharp dental tools, this procedure uses laser to remove the bacteria and damaged tissue from your gum pockets, reducing the progression of gum disease and promoting soft tissue healing. Byford Smiles’ laser gum treatment offers a precise, and effective way to manage your gum problems to help you restore your oral health. If you want to learn more about this advanced procedure, call us or schedule an appointment today!
Advantages of Laser Gum Treatment
Traditional gum surgery involves slicing into the gum tissue, leaving painful wounds that need stitches and longer healing time. Since the laser does not cut into the healthy gum tissue, it reduces the risk of infection, sensitivity, and bleeding.
Lasers are precise
Laser gum surgery does not damage healthy tissue. Dentists also use lasers to address damaged tissue and encourage new tissue growth.
Recovery from gum surgery involves pain, swelling, and a liquid diet for weeks. Laser gum surgery requires 24 hours of recovery, and patients typically feel mild discomfort. No stitching or cutting is required in the process, so patients can recover quickly.
Why Our Patients Love Byford Smiles
We believe that excellent dental health can enhance one’s quality of life, which is why we aim to meet the needs of our patients. At Byford Smiles, we are committed to providing quality and gentle laser gum treatment to promote good oral health. We also offer a variety of other dental services to help keep your smile looking its best.
We understand that the high cost of dental care is a deterrent for many people, which is why we provide a variety of payment options and terms to make our oral health services more affordable. We accept major health funds and offer flexible payment plans so there’s no excuse not to get the required treatment.
Byford Smiles uses the most advanced dental technology. Utilising state-of-the-art techniques and equipment ensures our patients get a quality dental experience and outstanding results. In addition, our professional team is constantly working on improving our services to better meet the needs of every individual.
Byford Smiles is dedicated to offering services that help patients keep their healthy teeth and gums. We think everyone deserves a beautiful, healthy smile, therefore our professional team of dentists works tirelessly to assist our patients in obtaining it. The dental professionals at Byford Smiles are ready to help you, whether you need preventive, cosmetic, or advanced treatments.
Laser Gum Treatment
The laser gum treatment is less invasive than traditional gum surgery. The traditional treatment method is still very beneficial and a great option for many patients, but it has some downsides, such as pain and discomfort.
With laser gum surgery, the dentist doesn’t need to cut the gum tissue open and suture the area closed. In addition, with laser surgery, only the damaged tissue is targeted. Traditional surgery, on the other hand, entails the loss of some healthy tissue.
Here’s what to expect from the actual dental procedure:
- A dentist uses an instrument that measures periodontal pockets to determine how much the gum has detached from the tooth.
- The laser’s fibre-optic tip is positioned at the top of the periodontal pocket.
- Lasers destroy infected tissue and remove bacteria below the gum line. Lasers are so precise that they can remove damaged tissue without harming healthy tissue.
- The dentist will use an ultrasonic cleaning tool to remove tartar and calculus under the gum line.
- Using the laser, the bacteria are removed, and the blood forms a seal around the periodontal pocket. The seal prevents bacteria from getting in and speeds up healing. No stitches are required.
A 2-hour appointment usually suffices to complete the process. If necessary, your dentist may adjust your bite after the surgery, preventing further damage to your teeth.
Laser gum surgery has risks, although they are very few. Discuss the following risks with your dentist before treatment:
- User error: Make sure your dentist has the training and skills to operate a laser in this setting. The wrong setting could lead to gum damage.
- Tooth surface damage: Laser gum treatments may lead to cracks on the tooth’s surface or roots.
- Tissue damage: The treated area may experience cell death when the wrong laser is used during the procedure.
- Infection: Like any procedure, laser gum treatment may pose a risk for infection after the process. When swelling, worsening pain, or fever are noted, visit your dentist immediately.
Different health funds provide varying levels of coverage for periodontal disease treatment. You should verify your policy’s coverage with your health fund provider and speak to your dentist about what you’re covered for.